Friday, February 29, 2008

Leaving the VA

So today was my last day at the VA. It has been a rough month. I thought I would post a few of the things that got me through it, just in case anybody else is looking for a pick me up.



This is a clip from the movie "Once". It's a cool little indie romance about two street musicians. The music is AMAZING. The soundtrack has been going on my pocket pc constantly.



After a long day at work nothing feels better than clobbering your friends at Halo 3



This is one of my favorite bands Band of Horses...



We are big fans of Juno around here...I watched it twice over the last month...



Lots of Diet Coke with Lime consumption this month...and I mean loooooots

7 comments:

Heather said...

I can verify the "loooooots of diet coke with lime" statement. I think half of our grocery budget went to the Coca Cola company. Yesterday afternoon I bought him a 2-liter to celebrate being done at the VA, and when I woke up this morning (the next morning) it was gone! We need to buy stock in Coke...

Anonymous said...

hahah wow...so jUno is good then? like idk i thought it looked kinda boring (i talk in txt language, srry bad habit)

Al and Jenny said...

Oh, I loved Juno! I think it was my favorite film of last year. I have it in our netflix line-up so I can see it as soon as they put it out.

I haven't gotten to see Once yet, but I really want to. I've heard all good things.

Congrats on being done at the VA.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you made it through! Dad gave me his stash of Diet Coke yesterday and you should see it. Tee hee I'll be able to bounce off the walls for a month. I haven't seen Juno, but I plan to.

Sidney said...

Too funny! My parents have Coke food storage! Anyways, so is "Once" out on DVD yet or where did you see it? I love the music from it.

AD said...

I've been looking for some new tunes Pete. I am glad you offer suggestions on your blog. I will definately look into the "Once" soundtrack and "Band of Horses". Congrats on finishing up on your VA rotation!

AD said...

Oh Pete, one more thing.... I want you to go to youtube and type "cart whisperer" into the search. Click on the one that has over a million hits. The add agency my brother works for helped promote this guy's mission on saving abandonded shopping carts (silly, I know). He showed it to me and whenever I need a pick-me-up I watch it. Not everyone thinks it is funny, but I do. Check it out - you'll have to tell me what you think.