Saturday, September 6, 2008

A crackhead among the mexicans

So this weekend we decided to go to the St. Louis Hispanic Festival. The only problem is that there aren't that many hispanics in St. Louis. The festival was held next to this park with a bunch of homeless people/crackheads. As the mexican band started to play, the crackheads wandered out of the park to investigate. There was one in particular who managed to get his hands on a sombrero. He walked right to the front of the stage and proceeded to dance for the whole hour and a half we were there. It was hilarious. Luckily I had a camera and took some sweet video (see below). Also a highlight were the pork tamales, the the homemade XXX salsa, the fruit empanadas and the agua de horchata. Emily loved watching the mexican ladies
dance and twirl their dresses.



5 comments:

Becky said...

Wish I could have been there for the food and the entertainment. I'm waiting for more video of Emily singing songs....

ephraim said...

sweet dancing dude. reminds of many panas in Ecua, but especially the guy I thought was dead when we found him lying on the street outside our apt one morning in Duran.
I'm also reminded of that guy you fed a palmful of aji. that's some fine entertainment.

Em&Em said...

Sounds like fun. The dancing was entertaining. LOL

Mandy said...

You guys are so adventurous! I love the dancing crackhead.

Kelley Bridge said...

It's moments like those that make me REALLY miss St. Louis. Thanks for taking me back!