Friday, August 15, 2008

The E to the N to the T in the UT

So we just got back from a two month trip to Utah where I did an away rotation. It was a busy but fun month. We went a couple week before the rotation and stayed late so we would have time to see family and friends. It was great to be home, and that's coming from someone who is usually indifferent to going home. I put in 90+ hours a week at the U when I was on service and it was nice to have family around to take care of us. We made a lot of fun memories. I found the rotation at the U to be intense, but they were a good group to work with and I really learned a lot. Overall I couldn't have asked for a better summer. Here are about a million pictures and videos to follow.


Em and Grandpa Anderson made a stepping stone for the garden

The cousins playing at Aunt Shannon's

Cute cousin Lex

Em making the hike up to Donut Falls

Em made it to the falls

The cousins roasting hot dogs at Mueller Park Canyon

Grandma Rasmussen and her birthday cake

Em with Grandma Rasmussen's birthday cake

Em and Lisa playing outside

Em at the parade on the 24th of July

Em and Lisa sharing a swing at Aunt Shannon's

This is me and Em at the Botanical Gardens

Em and her cute summer dress

Em enjoying the ride in her cousin's toys

A whole lotta cousins at Grandma Rasmussens

Em and Lisa at the table




Em was a bit hesitant to use the tramp at Aunt Shannon's but she got the hang of it




Heather and I went with my dad to see James Taylor in concert. It was a lot of fun.



Oh, here's what I was doing while everybody else was having fun ;)




3 comments:

Becky said...

I wish I could have been at that concert. It looks like you all had a great time. I'm glad we got to see you even if it was only for a few days. I'm sure you made a great impression on them the UT while you were "working".

ephraim said...

For as bustling a metropolitan atmosphere that American Samoa boasts, James Taylor has sadly never played here. I'm totally jealous. My brother is doing his rotations in NYC right now and got to listen to Bob Dylan in Prospect Park the other day. oh well, someday I will have my own glory day in the hot sun.

Shannon said...

Fun pics! It was great seeing you guys this summer.