Friday, March 21, 2008

Heather's dad Dennis passed away this week. I am really sad to see him go but count myself extremely lucky to have known him. He had many afflictions but you never would have known it. I never once heard him complain. He always made sure that I knew he was proud of me and that meant so much to me. I never felt like an in-law in the house. He had an great sense of humor and was the one guy in the house who I could get to laugh at a rowdy joke. He was such a good father to Heather and his other kids and I really admired that about him. I hope that when Emily gets older she feels the same way about me and Heather as we feel about Dennis. I am really going to miss him. It just wasn't the same yesterday when I came in the house and there wasn't a chilled cream soda waiting for me...


4 comments:

Holli and Billy said...

Hey Pete! Please tell Heather Billy and I send our condolences to her. Sounds like he was a great man.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you had to go through a funeral. Especially since it was someone so special. I don't know that I could cope as well as you seem to be doing. My deepest sympathies and thoghts are with you.

Al and Jenny said...

Hi Pete and Heather,

Your post was really touching. I love the pic of your dad, Heather, holding Em as a baby. What a great picture. You guys have been in my thoughts throughout the last several days. I send my best to you guys and your family.

Heather said...

Thank you guys for your kindness. It has been such a rough week. I'm grateful for good family and friends, such as you, to help us through this icky time. My dad was so awesome. I really miss him.